Sonus Networks is a supplier of SIP-based communication equipment including VoIP, video and Unified Communications through IP networks. Company´s products include session border controllers, policy/routing servers, subscriber feature servers and media and signaling gateways. The products are supported by a global services team with experience in design, deployment and maintenance of some of the world's largest and most complex IP Telecommunication networks.
The company´s service operations maintain some of the world`s most advanced IP communication networks.
The company was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in USA
For a technical assistance center in Prague, Czech Republic we are looking for a
Technical Support Engineer
The Technical Support Engineer will work in the EMEA Technical Assistance Center, based in Prague and will be responsible for receiving, working and resolving all issues relating to customer including priority bug tracking, escalations, RMA, upgrades, deployment etc.
- Provide Technical Assistance Center (TAC) cover to Tier 2/3 level support responsibilities with minimal direction from management as needed
- Establish an area of expertise with guidance from management, which the engineer will work toward becoming a subject matter expert on a particular product or area of knowledge
- Update CRM and own and work customer issues to conclusion effectively and in a timely manner
Take direction from management but also work independently as needed.
- Provide leadership to more junior engineers
- Communicate effectively, clearly and concisely (both written and verbal) with management/customers/vendors and peers
- Build and maintain skills on current solutions and technologies as well as train for need of future platform/releases/applicable technologies
- Lead in escalating 3rd party vendor problems
- Travel as needed to customer sites for purpose of onsite support
- Work out of regular daytime hours or weekend on occasion in order to accommodate customer maintenance windows and customer schedules
- Perform other duties as may be required to insure success of the support team and customers
- Fluent English
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Telecommunications/Computer Science or equivalent
- Background and experience in telephony and IP networking (SS7, PRI, TCP/IP , etc.)
- Interest in the area of IP networking (TCP/IP)
- Experience with SIP, Telephony Routing Translations skill, Security Protocol knowledge, knowledge of signaling protocol standards
- Basic knowledge of C/C++ code
- In-depth knowledge of Linux, Perl Scripting and Voice Over IP Telephony Architecture and Protocols
- Experience with industry standard test and analyses tools (Wireshark, IP Softphones, SIP test tools)
- Working knowledge of UNIX
- A hunger for developing and maintaining own technical skills and disciplines
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work flexibly, due to shifted working hours (uplifted pay)
- EU Passport or valid working permission to work in the Czech Republic is a must
- Opportunity to work with the leading technology of the next generation voice infrastructure
- Extensive company training
- Competitive salary corresponding to the experience of the candidate
- Large package of company benefits (meal vouchers, private medical care, extra holiday, further language training etc.)
- Active daily language use
- Multicultural environment
If you are interested in this job, pls. send us your CV in English
For further information pls. contact consultant Marketa Lieblova on : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 221 419 764
The chosen candidates will be contacted within 10 days.